Reception Sponsor – Digital Catapult
Promoting the development and early adoption of advanced digital technology
Digital Catapult’s broad network helps firms large and small across the UK to deliver digital services to market at home and abroad. From running pilot projects to delivering large scale initiatives our innovative approach fixes real problems.
Advanced digital technologies can accelerate growth and increase productivity across the UK economy. To help reach this full potential Digital Catapult, in 2017 alone, has had meaningful engagements with 638 startups and scaleups, 42 new industrial collaborations and 31 new academic engagements to drive innovation and adoption of advanced digital technologies. To make this happen, Digital Catapult delivers three core technology programmes, across two industry sectors, driven by three regional centres and a national centre in London.
- How Digital Catapult promotes development and the early adoption of advanced digital technology
- We provide physical and digital facilities for experimentation and testing that would otherwise not be accessible for smaller companies.
- Our innovation programmes drive collaboration and encourage use of the facilities. By bringing together small companies, corporates, researchers and investors, the right solutions are developed to solve industry challenges, increase productivity and open up new markets faster.
- We connect corporations, small businesses and academic researchers to get the latest thinking into the heart of industry and discover new ways to solve big challenges in the manufacturing and creative industries.
- We convene and deliver collaborative research and development that leads to commercial exploitation and companies reducing risk.
- We leverage public funding to yield increased private investment.
As well as breaking down barriers to technology adoption for startups and scaleups, our work de-risks innovation for large enterprises and uncovers new commercial applications in Immersive, Future Networks, and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
Artificial Intelligence (AI and machine learning)
Digital Catapult is leading technology adoption in the Industrial Strategy’s AI Grand Challenge. We are rapidly expanding our AI programme to accelerate adoption by industry and grow the UK’s machine learning ecosystem. Key projects include Machine Intelligence Garage and ContractAI.
Future Networks (5G and Low Powered Wide Area Networks)
Digital Catapult is driving the development of future networks business models from concept in university labs, to commercial reality with our projects within IoT, 5G and LPWAN that includes Things Connected.